By Philip McMichael
Read or Download Development and Social Change: A Global Perspective PDF
Similar anthropology books
Over the last 3 a long time, financial sociology has been revealing how tradition shapes financial existence even whereas monetary proof have an effect on social relationships. This paintings has remodeled the sector right into a flourishing and more and more influential self-discipline. not anyone has performed a better function during this improvement than Viviana Zelizer, one of many world's best sociologists.
Henri Lefebvre and the Spanish city adventure is the 1st publication to completely observe the French city philosopher's notion on towns to the tradition and literature of Spain. Fraser exhibits how Lefebvre's advanced view of urban as a cellular phenomenon is suitable to figuring out various Spanish cultural products—from city plans and brief writing at the city expereince in the course of the 19th century to city theories, cultural practices and literary fiction of the 20th century, pushing directly to interrogate even te apperance of Mediterranean area and Barcelona in fresh videogames.
Anthropology revolves around solutions to difficulties concerning the nature, improvement and solidarity of mankind; difficulties which are either philosophical and clinical. during this e-book, first released in 1984, Professor Jarvie applies Popper’s philosophy of technology to knowing the background and idea of anthropology.
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Flexible Firm: The Design of Culture at Bang & Olufsen
- Hidden Threads: A Christian Critique of Sociological Theory
- Realizing Community: Concepts, Social Relationships and Sentiments (European Association of Social Anthropologists)
- Ghostly Encounters: The Hauntings of Everyday Life
- Active Citizenship in Europe: Practices and Demands in the EU, Italy, Turkey and the UK (Palgrave Studies in European Political Sociology)
- The Modernity Bluff: Crime, Consumption, and Citizenship in Côte d’Ivoire
Extra resources for Development and Social Change: A Global Perspective
Development and Social Change: A Global Perspective by Philip McMichael