By Tom Woodin
The rapidity of switch in schooling has intensified in recent times. With the emergence of ‘co-operative colleges’ and a brand new framework focusing seriously on co-operation, an instantaneous problem to methods of considering schooling, at either college and college point, has built.
Co-operation, studying and Co-operative Values addresses the pressing have to describe, examine and check the expansion of co-operative schooling. the connection among co-operation and schooling is a posh technique and this e-book significantly displays at the tensions and hindrances dealing with this stream. It brings jointly the contributions of teachers and practitioners from a variety of backgrounds, and explores issues including:
- Theories and histories of co-operative values and ideas
- Critical perspectives of the perform of co-operative schooling
- Case experiences of tactics in motion from either colleges and better schooling
- Co-operative schooling in a much broader context
This e-book offers a vital creation to a brand new and increasing sector of study with chapters through many major commentators in schooling. it is going to be of curiosity to researchers and educators drawn to schooling and social coverage.
Read Online or Download Co-operation, Learning and Co-operative Values: Contemporary issues in education PDF
Similar education policy books
Heterogenität und Standardisierung bilden in der aktuellen bildungspolitischen Diskussion ein extremes Spannungsfeld: Auf der einen Seite ist gesellschaftlich eine - noch immer - wachsende Differenzierung und Pluralisierung zu verzeichnen, während gleichzeitig Standardisierungen im Bildungswesen zur Lösung des identifizierten Kernproblems 'Leistungsheterogenität' entwickelt werden.
Affordability, entry, and responsibility have lengthy been one of the principal demanding situations dealing with better schooling -- and so they stay so this day. the following, Donald E. Heller and different better schooling students and practitioners discover the present debates surrounding those key concerns. As scholars and their households fight to fulfill emerging school costs, and as country investment for greater schooling dwindles, policymakers confront problems with affordability inside of country and institutional budgets.
Ask any reasonably Briton to call a black highbrow and likelihood is the reaction should be an American identify: Malcolm X or Barack Obama, Toni Morrison or Cornel West. but Britain has its personal powerful black highbrow traditions and its personal grasp academics, between them C. L. R. James, Claudia Jones, Ambalavaner Sivanandan, Stuart corridor and Paul Gilroy.
Este libro es un referente coherente, argumentado y orientado hacia el futuro aunque, sobre todo, es una invitación al viaje, una guía destinada al profesorado de primaria y secundaria que busca comprender hacia dónde se dirige el oficio de enseñar.
- Higher Education Access and Choice for Latino Students: Critical Findings and Theoretical Perspectives (Routledge Research in Higher Education)
- Within These Gates: Academic Work, Academic Leadership, University Life, and the Presidency
- Gender Issues in International Education: Beyond Policy and Practice (Reference Books in International Education)
- American Schools: The Art of Creating a Democratic Learning Community
- Leading for Equity: The Pursuit of Excellence in the Montgomery County Public Schools
- Building Authentic Confidence in Children
Extra info for Co-operation, Learning and Co-operative Values: Contemporary issues in education
Co-operation, Learning and Co-operative Values: Contemporary issues in education by Tom Woodin