By Viktor Sehr,Bjorn Andrist
- Explore concurrent programming in C++
- Identify reminiscence administration problems
- Use SIMD and STL bins for functionality improvement
C++ is a simple language and will be used to put in writing advanced functions and performance-critical code. It has advanced and altered during the last few years. This publication will consultant you thru optimizing the functionality of your C++ apps by means of letting them eat fewer assets at the machine they’re working on.
The e-book starts with a steady creation that can assist you establish the bottlenecks in C++. We circulate directly to measuring functionality and you’ll see how this impacts how you write code. subsequent you’ll comprehend the significance of information constitution optimization and the way it may be used successfully. After that, we’ll clarify which set of rules might be used to accomplish quicker execution, via the way to use STL containers.
Moving forward, you’ll tips to advance your code’s functionality via executing compiled code. You’ll get hands-on applying a number of cores to permit effective and speedier execution, together with GPUs. After that, you’ll how one can enhance reminiscence administration in C++. We finish with a few suggestions you should use to optimize the functionality of your apps.
What you are going to learn
- Find out how you can use fascinating new instruments that can assist you increase your code
- Identify bottlenecks to optimize your code
- Develop purposes that make the most of GPU computation
- Reap the advantages of concurrent programming
- Write code which can defend opposed to software error utilizing mistakes handling
- Know your code and sizzling spots
- Use STL boxes to accomplish code optimization
- Extend your toolbox with increase containers
- Write fresh and secure code that the compiler can optimize
- Use SIMD to get excessive performance
- Achieve effective reminiscence administration by means of choosing difficulties equivalent to leaks
- Speed up the loading and behaviour of the application
About the Author
Viktor Sehr is the Senior software program Engineer at Propellerhead software program. He has round 10 years of hands-on adventure with C++. he's an skilled C++ developer with real-time special effects software program and architectural layout as his concentration areas.
Here is the hyperlink to his Linkedin account :
You may also take a look the contribution made by way of him on developer groups like Stackoverflow and github:
Bjorn Andrist is the Tech Lead for Mobiles at Propellerhead software program. He has been operating with C++ for greater than 10 years in tasks starting from server functions on unix to real-time audio functions on computer and cellular. He formerly additionally taught classes in Algorithms and Datastructures, and Concurrent programming with C++.
You can locate him on LinkedIn at https://se.linkedin.com/in/björn-andrist-25b6b13
Read or Download C++ High Performance PDF
Similar other_5 books
In an previous city, humans paintings on the caverns to mine for gold and worthwhile gem stones. the city grows right into a urban and the folk that paintings on the caverns become aware of that the caverns have extra secrets and techniques then you could think. youth turn into very shut and study the method of prospecting.
Subject matters contain poker approach, video game idea, technical rules, match approach, psychology and different issues. every thing has been written for contemporary glossy player.
Count number down with JJ as he overcomes hindrances in his trip of many lives.
Welcome to the Parsi manner of cooking. you can find the Indian nutrients cooked by means of the parsis to be very tasty. a bit bitter, a bit candy. Like we are saying in India “Khatta Mittha”
- おすなばぼしのぴっぴかりん (PHPわたしのえほん) (Japanese Edition)
- Girl with a Camera: Margaret Bourke-White, Photographer: A Novel
- Group and Crowd Behavior for Computer Vision (Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition)
- ISO27001/ISO27002: Una guía de bolsillo (Spanish Edition)
- The Bible Runners: Part 1
- Love Past The Moment
Additional info for C++ High Performance
C++ High Performance by Viktor Sehr,Bjorn Andrist