By M. Patrick Hendrix
Read or Download A History of Fort Sumter: Building a Civil War Landmark (Landmarks) PDF
Best architecture books
Emerging to a positive peak of 630 ft, the Gateway Arch in St. Louis is a respected monument to America’s western growth. expected in 1947 yet no longer accomplished till the mid-1960s, the arch this present day draws hundreds of thousands of holiday makers every year and is without doubt one of the world’s most generally well-known buildings. by means of weaving jointly social, political, and cultural historical past, historian Tracy Campbell uncovers the complex and troubling historical past of the liked constitution.
The bible of the commercial garage and distribution and the handbook of coverage and perform. It presents details for people with empty constructions on their palms, these searching for house for brand spanking new and/or transforming into corporations and people confronted with the matter of ways to control multi-tenant, multi-use constructions.
Why was once it that, throughout Scotland over the past and a part centuries, architectural monuments have been raised to nationwide heroes? have been hero structures commissioned as manifestations of convinced social ideals, or as a outfitted environmental type of social advocacy? And if that is so, then how and why have been social goals and intentions translated into architectural shape, and the way potent have been they?
Atualmente nos encontramos em um período de profunda transformação produtiva, social e de valores. Na arquitetura, além do avanço dos sistemas de representação arquitetônica e da evolução dos tipos construtivos, manifesta-se cada vez mais a necessidade de uma renovação profunda da teoria e da crítica.
- Getting from Here to There? : Power, Politics and Urban Sustainability in North America
- Walt Disney and the Promise of Progress City
- Applying the ADA: Designing for The 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act Standards for Accessible Design in Multiple Building Types
- Transport, the Environment and Sustainable Development
- Prairie Crossing: Creating an American Conservation Community
- Remaking Chinese Urban Form: Modernity, Scarcity and Space, 1949-2005 (Planning, History and Environment Series)
Extra resources for A History of Fort Sumter: Building a Civil War Landmark (Landmarks)
A History of Fort Sumter: Building a Civil War Landmark (Landmarks) by M. Patrick Hendrix